Type: Partially Funded
University: University of Oregon
Degree: Bachelors, Masters
Subjects: All Subjects
For: International Students
Deadline: 30 Jan 2019
The Division of International Engagement Is Particularly curious
In receiving applications from students who will promote academic excellence and worldwide
diversity of the campus, and whose work illustrates a passion for fixing the collective
challenges confronting our planet in an age of controversial globalization.
Level of Degree
Global Scholars Award at the University of Oregon, USA is offered to tackle Undergraduate, Postgraduate degree applications at the University of Oregon.
After subject can be found to research under this scholarship program.
Benefits of this Scholarship
The International Corners award offers financial aid around, but not exceeding, US $45,000 ($15,000 percent; no award funds are dispersed throughout the summertime ).
The precise award amount may depend on if the student receives additional kinds of financial aid — such as scholarships, on-campus employment, stipends, etc. — to encourage their schooling in the University of Oregon. The award could be used to encourage required tuition and charges or nonqualified expenses like room and board.
(Notice that any quantity applied to non-qualified expenses might be thought of as a taxable donation )
The award might be prior to attaining the most award renewal degree if any of these conditions apply: the pupil completes the UO academic program where the pupil was awarded the International Corners award; the pupil receives additional scholarships or grants making the International Corners award unnecessary; the student reinforces the University of Oregon temporarily or indefinitely, or otherwise fails to fulfill award care criteria and prerequisites.
For your 2020-2021 academic year, the Division of International Engagement is accepting applications from continuing or new foreign students either admitted to or continuing at a University of Oregon academic curriculum beginning with the Fall 2020 term.
Continuing University of Oregon students have to maintain good academic standing and maintain legal F-1 or J-1 immigration status. Both graduate and undergraduate international students may use.
Procedure to Apply:
The student applicant is responsible for preparing all necessary files and sending them from the deadline to the Department of International Engagement by email or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. International Corners Application Info Sheet The student applicant should complete an application data sheet that offers private and contact info in addition to information concerning the student’s expected financial resources and demands for the award.
2. Student’s Program Statement The program statement ought to be typed or printed from the student and be no longer than 500 words in length. In the announcement, the student should explain these points:
3. Transcripts in the University of Oregon or Most Recent Academic Institution Transcripts must detail current academic performance if finished in the University of Oregon (for continuing students) or latest institution of presence (for new/incoming pupils ).
4. Two Letters of Recommendation The student should arrange to get a minimum of 2 letters of recommendation that give a high degree of support to this pupil’s program for a Worldwide Corners scholarship. The letters could be from current or previous faculty or academic advisers, teachers, advisers, managers, or another person capable of demonstrating to the student’s potential for or record of academic excellence, dedication to ethnic diversity and trade, and support to their communities.
Letters must be no longer than 500 words and offer comprehensive insight to the student applicant, along with the potential or real advantages to internationalization and international diversity the pupil would contribute into the University of Oregon community.
5. Optional: Supplementary Information Students may submit supplemental information such as a resume / CV, copies of admissions programs, copies of awards/honours given, or other substances that might help to notify the International Corners scholarship committee’s decision procedure.
Submissions by email, fax-mail (into email@example.com) are okay.